May 29, 2009

work or not to work and single parenthood

Well it's May 29th and I've had a busy few weeks...... thus why I haven't written in awhile. Plus I'm terrible at it. LOL

Since my last post, I've had a lot going on. At the beginning of May I got a call from my husband while at work asking if I could work from home so he could go to work!!! Yep, finally he was going back to work. It was only temporary- 2 weeks worth. Enough to get our insurance back.

While that was going on, the company who laid my hubby off to begin with was buzzing about hiring him back - what a wonderful thing! Or was it? Long story and the only way thru it is to tell you the whole story. My husband and his brother and his dad all work for the same company just in different facets.
My brother in law is working on this job in Ohio and the job he is in charge of is ramping up June 1st- he and the designer on the job were working their magic to try to get my hubby back to work. However the went around the labor superintendant who doesn't particulary care for my hubby. In turn, since he went around him Bryan got left out of going to Ohio early. Inconvient for us, but Bryan was still working for the other guy.

Ok, working for the other guy-
Happened to be on the night shift. No fun for me. While I was exstatic that Bryan was back to work, which made a wonderful flip in his personality and gave our marriage a repreave from the stress we've been under; I was feeling more and more like a single struggling parent every day. He was working nights and by the time I made my hour round trip commute to and from work every day picking up my son from my girlfriends house I was wiped out.
I would come home and throw in a load of laundry, get Jake's bag packed for the next day, get myself ready for work- I had to get up at 4:45 to get myself ready to leave by 6..........
And so far we still don't have our insurance yet...... Hopefully we'll have that very soon. Jake has a follow up appointment with his pediatrician in 3 weeks and I'll need my perscription if ............
If....... the pregnancy test I take in the morning comes back negative.

Yep I said pregnancy test. I'm not sure - and I want to make sure. I'm scared to death of the answer- given everything I've written above I think you understand why.
Under different circumstances I would be hopeful and elated for a positive answer. However, I'm terrified that the answer will be positive and we'll be adding more stress to our already very stressful, under paid, no work, no insurance (yet) lives.

Ok, so now that we've caught up to today, we've been pretty stressed around here! Bryan FINALLY got paid for the work he did 2 weeks ago. Which by the way, he kinda regrets...... Yes the money is more than unemployment but he just now got the money and is out of work again. And in the mean time while waiting for money that's "in the mail" and unable to collect unemployment we've been worried about how we are gonna pay for anything, no money was coming and no idea where it was going to come from aside from my paycheck.
So, Monday is June first- and we don't know for sure if they'll call him back and even if they do it will be 2 weeks before he get's a first check. However, on the flip side, at least going to this Ohio gig wil be very lucrative for us.

Pray for us as we deal with our woes and worries and help us give it to God who is in complete control.


To be continued.................

2 comments:

Dayna Greeson said...

No baby at this time! Which is ok... but kinda sad too.

a joyful nusiance said...

Im glad you posted the update!! God's timing is not our timing. Just keep that in mind.

What is new with his job??

Jeremy is still not working. Things are getting so hard for us now!!